Are your kids begging to go see the famous Harlem Globetrotters? Mine were so I got tickets and prepared for the game. Or at least I tried to prepare. There wasn’t a lot of information for me to review on what to expect from a Harlem Globetrotter game. For that reason, I am now sharing with you our experience and some tips for you to prepare for your fun family outing. Here is our Harlem Globetrotters Review and we will share with you 5 things to know for a Harlem Globetrotters game.
Need advice on how to make this event as a day trip? Check out our Family Day Trip Guide so you too can make it to a city where the Harlem Globetrotters are scheduled to play.
Transparency: Some of these attractions we recieved complementary passes to attend. Here at Mommy And Me Travels we always provide our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, and/or experiences on topics, events, and/or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. You can read more about this on our disclosure page here.
Harlem Globetrotters Overview
When doing research about our upcoming Harlem Globetrotters game in Indy, I discovered a lot of fun history facts that I wanted to share with you so you could pass along to your kids before the game. Did you know the Harlem Globetrotters were first established in Chicago in 1927. In fact, they did not play their first game in Harlem, NY until the late 1960s. You can discover even more about the Harlem Globetrotters history facts by reading Harlem Globetrotters play their first game by History (dot) com.
Another interesting fact that I discovered was that the game is not rigged. While the Washington Generals do not interfere when tricks are being done the game is a real basketball game the rest of the time. When you are ready to purchase your tickets use this Harlem Globetrotters Coupon Code, USFAM, for 20% off at https://www.harlemglobetrotters.com/world-tour/schedule.
Why Kids Love A Harlem Globetrotters Game
The Harlem Globetrotters are more than just a basketball team, they are also a high energetic comedy show. These very talented individuals will entertain the whole family. My sons especially loved two different scenes.
First, they loved when a Harlem Globetrotter player got on top of the basketball hoop and starting kicking the ball when the Washington Generals were shooting to score.
Second part they loved was actually from the Washington Generals when they did the rewind of the score (you’ll get it when you watch the game). My boys left the game wanting to work hard at basketball so they could do all of the athletic tricks that the players continually showed during the game.
Are you now ready to save that 20% on tickets? Use this Harlem Globetrotters discount code, USFAM, and get your tickets here….
Moms Will Love The Subtle Things Kids Pick Up During The Harlem Globetrotter Game
During the Harlem Globetrotters game there are a lot of subtle things that your kids will pick up on even though they don’t realize it. You, however, will love the things they are getting told and learning in a fun way.
During our game the Harlem Globetrotters kept showing how they and kids should always try. They accomplished this through their theme of “Pushing the Limits”. During our game, they “created” a new line that was a 5 point shot, Pushing the Limits.
Also, kids realize all of the fun ways they can partake in the sport of basketball and are eager to get home and play outdoors with their ball. I love this because it keeps them active and not sitting in front of an IPad or TV.
Also, after you finish this article don’t miss checking out all of our other Family Fun Adventures Around The USA.
5 Things To Know For A Harlem Globetrotters Game
- The best seats for harlem globetrotters game are going to be as close to center court as possible. We sat a little to the right of center court and had a great view of the whole show. The Harlem Globetrotters and the Washington Nationals really do make the game fun and entertaining for kids.
- I wish I would have bought the Harlem Globetrotters merchandise like shirts, jerseys, and basketballs on Amazon before we arrived at the game. Like most games, the cost of this merchandise is expensive and had my sons already had them I could have saved myself some money.
3. While buying your Harlem Globetrotters tickets, also buy the pre-magic pass. This will allow you access to the Harlem Globetrotters scheduled game 2 hours before it starts. You will be able to get your autographs, photos, and your kids will learn a few tricks all before the real entertainment even begins.
4. If you don’t buy the Harlem globetrotters magic pass when getting your Harlem Globetrotters tickets, then there is a basketball signing at the end of the game so you can get still your autographs and photos. It is, however, a mad dash to each player in a 20 minute time to get as many signatures as possible. Make sure you explain to your little kids that there is a chance for them to be pushed, shoved, and stepped on while trying to get their own ball signed. It is sad but unfortunately true.
5. And last but definitely not least… Remember to enjoy the game with your family. Don’t stress over the kids laughing, playing, or wanting to get close to the Harlem Globetrotters. This is a fun and definitely kid friendly event. Put your phone down and enjoy this time with your kids. They will have this memory forever. Check out the Harlem Globetrotters Schedule and plan your event today.
Harlem Globetrotters Review Wrap Up
Our family definitely had a great time going to see the Harlem Globetrotters live in Indy. If you are still debating on getting your tickets, don’t wait another minute. Plus as a special bonus to you, use our Harlem Globetrotters promo code, USFAM, and get 20% off your purchase. Have you been to a game? Have other tips to share with everyone? Drop them in the comments below.
Don’t miss all of our family trip planning tips and tricks. Follow our adventures here for more family friendly activity ideas:
What a fun post! I haven’t been to a Harlem Globetrotters game in ages, but my son is the perfect age for it now.
These are great tips! It’s a New Year’s Eve tradition to go see the Harlem Globetrotters in Milwaukee and it’s always so much fun!
This is something we would definitely want to go and do with our two boys!
This sounds like so much fun! I love anything that gets kids excited about taking part in a sport!